The Top 10…Top 10 lists from 2011!
I know, I know, I can hear the groans – “Not another top 10 list for the end of the year, there are already too many to read!” No problem! I’m here to help – what follows – in no particular order – is the list of the only top 10 lists an EdTechie (yes, that can be a word now!) should bother reading for the end-of-year list-fest for Dec 2011.
NOTE: Yes, I also noticed these aren’t strictly all top 10 lists – top 3, top 5, and many other integers have been included as well.
- Gamasutra’s Top 10 Games Of The Year – If you’re going to be making educational games, it helps to know what games people are choosing to play in their free time.
- Simon Egenfelt’s Show-down: Top3 – Great educational game apps – Because he’s got experience designing games, and also because he bases these recommendations on real people – his 4 year old daughter
- Top 10 Educational Toys 2011-2012 – Although it’s a little LeapFrog heavy, there are a few things here that look interesting and are NOT software or app based
- Top 10 Educational Videos of 2011 - Because education isn’t all about games and toys. Sometimes, you just want to learn something new
- Michio Kaku’s Top 10 Science Stories of 2011 – Great scientific events to share with your kids and your students
- Top 10 Facebook Games 2011 – The leader in casual gaming. What can we learn from these games to apply to educational gaming?
- And now, for a different platform….Educational Wii Games 2012 – OK, I don’t have a Wii (I know, I know, I’ve heard it all already from my kids!) but it’s nice to know there’s more to it than accidentally hitting each other while bowling in the living room
- Nobel Prize based educational games – Because hey, it’s a really cool concept!
- Top 10 Ed-Tech Trends of 2011 – Short, sweet, and to the point
- And finally….Top 10 Sites for Educational Games – Because as an educational gamer, how could I not include this list?
I hope you enjoyed this list, and that it made your end-of-year reading easier to sort through. Please feel free to let me know in the comments section what you thought, and what I missed – a Happy New Year and Almost-My-Birthday to everyone!